When you have downloaded the Spotify application it automatically opens up. When you restart your device or turn it on any time by default settings the Spotify application will open without you clicking on it.
People who don’t often use the Spotify application or those who don’t have a system that is fast enough to cope up with the seed of Spotify application opening time can disable this through the windows or the Spotify application itself. There are two different ways through which you can stop Spotify from opening on startup if it irritates or messes with your system.
Ways to Stop Spotify from Opening on the Startup
As mentioned above there are two ways through which we can stop Spotify from opening on the startup. This can be done directly from the Spotify application or through the windows menu of your computer. Following are the methods through which you can follow to know how to do both.
Disabling through Spotify Application
Follow these steps to disable through Spotify:
- Open the Spotify application if not already opened
- On the top left-hand corner, there is an option that says ‘ edit’
- Click on the edit option and go to the menu that says preferences. It can either be opened directly through the edit menu or you can click on Spotify after clicking on edit and then select preferences.
- Scroll down and find the option that says ‘startup and windows behavior’ click on it
- There you will find an option ‘open Spotify automatically after you log into the computer’ click on it and press on ‘no’.
In this way, you can disable Spotify opening on startup. This can be done on all platforms that include the Mac OS, Linux, and Windows, etc. But if you are on a windows device then there is an even easier way to do it without even the need to open the application.
Disabling the Startup through Windows
This method is even easier than the Spotify one because windows have integration to turn off apps opening in its user interface. Unfortunately, you can only do this on a windows device. Following steps can be followed for this:
- On your windows taskbar right-click on the empty area
- From there select the task manager
- After the task manager is opened you will see a menu called startup
- Click on startup
- Find the Spotify application and it will have an enabled written next to it
- Right-click on it and select disable
Your Spotify will not open on startup now. For Windows systems, it is a very useful and quick feature. Although you can also go to Spotify and disable that from there it is a way faster method that will get the job done.
So through these methods, you can stop the Spotify application from starting up whenever you log into your system. I hope this content has helped you. Other than that, if you’re a creative artist and want to establish a good presence on Spotify and gain a great following, you should do your best and upload great music content. In addition to your efforts, you can also buy Spotify plays to give an initial kick to your profile if you’re just starting out.